VP of Community Life Position Description
- Serve as a member of the SGA Executive Cabinet- Regular attendance to meetings, appointed committees and SGA events
- Voice any concerns you are consistently hearing from students before the SGA Cabinet.
- Coordinate and oversee Club Rush, this includes assessing for potential new club creation before event. Ensure all Clubs are notified and have a display that encompasses who they are as an organization.
- Coordinate club information in a binder, this includes each clubs purpose, mission, members, advisor, constitution and any petition forms. Receive and review the semester plans of clubs/organizations for petitioning purposes.
- Organize and oversee a day of club training per semester. Ensure Club leaders and yourself understand protocol behind all club events, trips, and funds.
- Attend student organization events and trips.
- Serve as a Student Marshal for the spring commencement ceremony.
- Coordinate with Jim Singletary into exploring Intercultural life of the university
- Work with Commuter Council to assess needs of students living off campus in relation to their time at school. Send out emails to commuters as needed informing them of changes on campus and current event.
- Coordinate the election process of the commuter council.
- Spend time with students you don’t know.
- Be responsible and be a team player for SGA events, you will wear different “hats”.
- Be encouraging and empowering to Club leaders
- Build relationships with students, staff, and faculty